Brownlee Lumber Company, Inc. is searching for a Machine Operator on first shift to join our growing team. Topnotch candidates will have the talent to work on a fast paced production line as a safe and skilled team member.
Brownlee Lumber is world renowned as a preferred provider to those seeking premium quality hardwood products.
The Machine Operator's Responsibilities are:
- Safely and effectively operate sawmill machine centers as assigned in the sawmill and planer mill at production levels
- Monitor flow of lumber within the machine center and adjust as necessary to ensure production quality and quantity standards
- Identify and resolve production line problems
- Assist in maintaining housekeeping standards
- The ability to safely learn and operate all machines
- The ability to drive a forklift.
Requirements for the Machine Operator position are:
- 1-5 years experience with to operating machinery
- Able to work safely and follow all company policies and procedures
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Good decision-making skills
- Able to conduct visual equipment inspections and support maintenance in troubleshooting/repairs
- Able to perform basic calculations
- Successful completion of assessment process, pre-employment drug screen
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety equipment
- Able to perform all essential job functions
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process preferred
- Manufacturing and Construction Knowledge very helpful
- General Labor
Within a Great Company Culture, the Production Worker / Machine Operator can expect EXCELLENT wages & benefits including:
- Health & Life Insurance
- FSA / HSA
- Paid Vacation
Starting Hourly Rate: $14.00 and above.
Overtime Opportunities Are Available!
Anticipated Annual Income of $40,000 - $50,000.
If you meet the requirements for the Machine Operator position, please apply today!
Job Type: Full-time